Know the list of Pag-IBIG requirements for membership and all its benefits.
Pag-IBIG Fund, also known as the Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF), is a government agency in the Philippines. It was created to provide financial assistance to its members, among other benefits. In essence, Pag-IBIG Fund is a government agency in the Philippines that provides affordable housing loans, short-term loans, and other financial services to its members.
What are the Pag-IBIG requirements to become a member?
Here are the step-by-step requirements and guides for new Pag-IBIG membership registration:
- Determine your eligibility to become a member. You can be a member of the Pag-IBIG Fund if you are at least 18 years old and have a stable source of income.
- Prepare the necessary documents for membership application, which include:
- Two (2) valid IDs (e.g., passport, driver’s license, SSS ID, voter’s ID, etc.)
- Accomplished Pag-IBIG Fund Membership Registration Form (MRF), which can be downloaded from the Pag-IBIG Fund website or obtained from your nearest Pag-IBIG branch or service desk
- Proof of income, such as pay slips or certificate of employment, if you are employed. If you are self-employed, you need to present your latest ITR (Income Tax Return).
- Submit your documents to any Pag-IBIG branch or service desk. You may also submit your membership registration form online through the Pag-IBIG Fund website.
- Wait for your membership registration to be processed. You will receive your Pag-IBIG Membership ID Number (MID) once your membership is approved.
- Start contributing to your Pag-IBIG Fund account. You can do this by making regular contributions through any Pag-IBIG branch or service desk or through accredited payment centers.
Members who are employed must also have their employers register them with Pag-IBIG Fund. Additionally, the employer will automatically deduct your monthly Pag-IBIG contribution from your salary. Self-employed members, on the other hand, need to pay their contributions directly to any Pag-IBIG branch or service desk.
Pag-IBIG requirements for online registration
Pag-IBIG Fund’s online registration process allows individuals to apply for membership without the need to visit a physical Pag-IBIG office or service desk. Here are the steps to register for Pag-IBIG online:
- Visit the Pag-IBIG website and click on the “E-Services” tab.
- Click the “Membership Registration” link and fill out the initial details.
- Select your membership category (i.e., employee, self-employed, overseas Filipino worker, or voluntary member).
- Fill out the online membership registration form with your personal information, contact details, and employment or business details (if applicable).
- Upload the necessary documents, such as a scanned copy of your valid ID and proof of income or business registration (if applicable).
- Review your application and click on the “Submit” button.
- Wait for your Pag-IBIG membership registration to be processed. You will receive your Pag-IBIG Membership ID (MID) Number via email once your Pag-IBIG registration is approved. Your Pag-IBIG MID number or Pag-IBIG number
After completing the online registration process, members can start contributing to their Pag-IBIG Fund account through any accredited payment center or through online payment channels. Pag-IBIG online registration makes it more convenient and accessible for individuals to become members of the agency and avail of its various financial services and benefits.
For more information or inquiries, you may also contact the Pag-IBIG hotline at 8-724-4244 (8-Pag-IBIG).
Pag-IBIG membership benefits
From an affordable housing loan to secured retirement, here are some of the benefits of being a Pag-IBIG Fund member.
Members can avail of a Pag-IBIG housing loan to purchase a new house and lot, a townhouse, a condominium unit, or a lot where they can build their own house. Suppose you need funds for educational expenses, home renovation, or medical expenses. In that case, you may also opt for a short-term loan to address immediate financial needs as Pag-IBIG members.
Pag-IBIG Savings Program
Pag-IBIG members are required to contribute a portion of their salary to the fund, which earns annual dividends. Furthermore, they can claim once they reach the age of 45 or have contributed for at least 240 months.
Members who have contributed for at least 20 years are entitled to a retirement benefit.
Such benefit is equivalent to their total savings and the dividends earned from their Pag-IBIG contributions.
In case of a member’s death, their beneficiaries are entitled to receive the member’s total savings and the dividends earned from their contributions.
Overall, Pag-IBIG Fund provides its members with a variety of financial services and benefits that can help them achieve their long-term financial goals, such as homeownership, retirement, and education.
Pag-IBIG Overseas Program
The Pag-IBIG OFW (Overseas Filipino Workers) Program is a special program for Filipinos working abroad to help them become Pag-IBIG Fund members and access the agency’s various services.
Under the Pag-IBIG OFW program, OFWs can register as members and make monthly contributions to the fund. They can also apply for a housing loan to buy a property in the Philippines, avail of a multi-purpose loan, and access other Pag-IBIG benefits and services.
To join the Pag-IBIG OFW program, interested OFWs can visit the Pag-IBIG Fund website or any Pag-IBIG branch abroad. They need to submit a membership form and other required documents, such as a valid passport or work visa, proof of income, and other identification documents.
Overall, the Pag-IBIG OFW program aims to provide OFWs with financial security and stability like locally employed individuals. Lastly, it is also a way to help them achieve their dreams of owning a home or starting a business in the Philippines.
Where can overseas Pag-IBIG members pay the monthly contribution?
OFW (Overseas Filipino Workers) Pag-IBIG members can pay their remittances through various methods, including:
Overseas members can pay their remittances online through the Pag-IBIG website using their credit card or debit card. This service is available 24/7.
Alternatively, they can bank transfer their remittances directly to the Pag-IBIG Fund account. For this, they would need to provide their Pag-IBIG membership ID number and the correct bank details to complete the transfer.
Overseas Remittance Partners
Members can also pay their remittances through Pag-IBIG’s overseas remittance partners, such as I-Remit, Ventaja, and PayRemit. These partners have offices in various countries where OFWs can pay their remittances.
Members can also pay their remittances directly at the Pag-IBIG offices or their partner collection agencies in the Philippines.
It is important to note that OFW Pag-IBIG members should always keep their receipts or proof of payment for their remittances. This will serve as evidence of their contributions and will be important in case of any discrepancies or issues with their membership records.
What is Virtual Pag-IBIG?
Virtual Pag-IBIG is an online platform launched by the Pag-IBIG Fund (or Home Development Mutual Fund) to provide its members with convenient and efficient access to their accounts and services. The platform allows members to transact with Pag-IBIG Fund online, anytime and anywhere, using their computer or mobile device.
Through Virtual Pag-IBIG, members can perform various transactions, such as updating their personal information, checking their contributions, applying for loans, and downloading statements of accounts. Members can also make online payments for their monthly contributions, housing loans, and other Pag-IBIG Fund services.
How to register for Virtual Pag-IBIG?
- Visit the Virtual Pag-IBIG website at https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/virtualpagibig/.
- Click the “Register” button on the top right corner of the page.
- Choose your membership category. You will be asked to select whether you are a new member, an existing member with a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card, or an existing member without a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card.
- Fill out the online registration form with your personal information, contact details, and other required information. Make sure to provide accurate information and double-check before submitting.
- Set up your user ID and password. Your user ID should be at least six characters long, while your password should be at least eight characters long and should include at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number.
- Click the “Submit” button to complete your registration. After this, you will receive a registration tracking number via email or SMS.
- Check your email for a confirmation message from Pag-IBIG. Follow the instructions provided to activate your Virtual Pag-IBIG account.
Once you have successfully registered, you can log in to your Virtual Pag-IBIG account and access the different features and services offered by Pag-IBIG Fund online.
How to use Virtual Pag-IBIG?
To use Virtual Pag-IBIG, members can log in to their accounts and start using the platform’s various features.
Overall, Virtual Pag-IBIG provides members with a more convenient and efficient way of managing their Pag-IBIG Fund account without the need to visit a Pag-IBIG office in person. It helps ensure that members have easy access to their benefits and services and can easily stay on top of their financial obligations.
To sum, the process for becoming a new member of Pag-IBIG Fund is simple and straightforward. Once you become a member, you can start enjoying the benefits of being part of the fund, such as access to housing loans, short-term loans, and other financial services.